Sunday, June 05, 2005

you're tellin me?!

I never really "lay out" on account of my perma-tan, however yesterday, I decided to join my friends in a study session by the lake. About an hour and a half into the session, dark clouds started to come toward us. So we packed up our stuff and headed in doors. Que the 60 mile/hr winds...we had to seek shelter in a hotel about 2 blocks from my friend's place...I felt like Dorothy only my ruby red shoes were green flip flops.

We had to run through the rain...liberating and fun.


Storms down trees, bring hail, outages

Published June 5, 2005

CHICAGO AREA -- A series of thunderstorms rolling through the Chicago area Saturday knocked down trees and power lines and damaged roofs with nickel-size hail and winds reaching 60 m.p.h., the National Weather Service said.

No comments: