Friday, September 22, 2006

Southport Grocery & Cafe

Just had a great lunch at the Southport Grocery and Cafe.  The wait was a surprise since it's a weekday but worth it.  I had the:
 sweet & savory french toast · 8
challah bread french toast topped with rosemary roasted ham-gruyere & a side of maple syrup (featuring Maple Valley Organic syrup from the grocery)

It was so good.  Sweet and salty at the same time (insert Iron Chef girl judge laugh here).  Hit the spot.  And I would totally get it again. 

Conversation was good too.  Had lunch with a cousin.  She brought up the fact that there were so many people out.  Do they work, or what.  I think the only people out at this time and all the time are the rich, the retired, and those who work from home.  Maybe?  Maybe not?  The ladies with the Bug A Boo strollers, Gucci purses, and the multi-carat rings were there and didn't look to be in any rush or with a spouse.  Reminded me of the Mind of Mencia re-run ("What's a re-run?" - kid from Back to the Future 1) I watched where he asked people on the street their reasons for not being at work during normal work hours.  He made some unemployed dude sell oranges.

Shit, I only work 3 days a week.  These people could be like me...but I highly doubt it.

No comments: