Sunday, January 28, 2007

When in doubt, put more out. Words to live by when you're dropping anchor.

Um, I love this place. I can totally be a waitress and make just enough money to bum around all the beaches. Once upon a time, I said my toes looked like mini-twixes (post europe travel 2000). Today, it's appropriate to call them Tim Tams (http://www.arnotts.com.au/products/TimTam.aspx). The Sydney Children's Hospital is by Coogee Beach. I can be a peds nurse here too. So tempting...I think I'll defer grad school and move here for 6 months after the Chicago Marathon. I'm serious. Anyone else who wants to go, LB and I are planning on it.

I like being disconnect from work, chicago, the world. Probably b/c I'm having fun with my work mates. Don't know what's going on in the real world. No cell phone is ok too. Thank goodness for email and internet cafes. I need to check the email to get my daily bank balance.

I'm still feelin a little rocky from the yacht trip around Sydney Harbour. Found out I'm afraid of swimming in places I can't touch the ground. The "captain" let me use the rescue float while I swam around the boat. Funniest thing I heard yesterday on the boat:

"You take pictures of your sandwich but you don't have your camera out here?!"
-Manho Park

No comments: