Monday, August 25, 2008

Outside Lands Day 1



"Where it's AT? I've got 2 turn tables and a microphone..."
Love Beck. Has it been almost a decade since I stood at the front row of the Austin Music Hall? Really wish I could have seen more. The sound wasn't fantastic because we were in the back.

BF and I got to see Manu Chau...who I would totally hit iTunes for some music. Loved the crowd. People watching here was WAY better that Chicago's Lollapolooza. There is definitely less skin at Outside Lands but that's b/c of weather. Lollapolooza = Frat Party. Outside Lands = standing inside a bong.



Food...very important to the Festival. While everyone was heading down to Radiohead at the Lands End Stage, BF and I went for food. The shortest line was to Alive. I saw people with this tasty looking wrap thing with nori (sushi paper). It looked good. I wanted it...so we waited in line. I didn't get it b/c it was filled with ground nuts and shit. Below is a link and items from the restaurant menu...I didn't see anything served at Outside Lands that are on the restaurant menu. Anyway, I am a vegetarian in recovery and THIS was too granola for me. God bless Northern Cal, San Fran etc, BUT COME ON!
http://sfoutsidelands.com/attractions/taste-of-the-bay-area.php
http://www.aliveveggie.com/Alive_online_menu.htm

Sushi with Sunflower Seed Miso Pate, Carrots & Shiitake Mushrooms 11
Flaxseed Flatbread with Cashew Cream, Walnut Pesto, Tomatoes 12


So we got in line for oven fired flatbread: http://fulloflifefoods.com/. BF and I get the Tomato with 3 cheese. We WANT melty goodness.
This one lady in front of me who ripped into the the menu item: Flax Seed & Pistachio Pizza with Red Onions & Rosemary. The stand was basically trying to give these away. They cooked half the time as the flatbreads with cheese.

No comments: