Thursday, April 30, 2009

Next Stop...Howard.


Yesterday, I made a huge mistake on the L. I went to Evanston by accident.
I was on my way to meet the girls for brunch at SOUTHPORT GROCERY AND CAFE...I mean, I just ate edamame for dinner Tuesday night b/c I knew the goodness that was in store at 10AM Wednesday morning. There I stood at the Belmont platform after getting of the Redline...here rolls a train. It happened to be purple. I know purple and brown run on the same track. Then I heard "express" and looked at the map above the doors that were closing at that exact moment. It was too late. But I banged my fists on the door, The Graduate-style. The we slowly passed every stop on the red line. I've never seen anything past Loyola...Morse? Jarvis? Is this Wisconsin? Then I got off at Howard, went down and over to the platform going back to the Loop. The red line was torture too. It stops ALL THE TIME. Then some guy with clothes that smelled like his dinner at Hema's Kitchen (I love Hema's by the way) had to go and sit next to me and kept swing his elbow in my stomach.

I missed brunch by an hour. It was horrible. I had to get a low fat turkey bacon breakfast sandwich at Starbucks instead. I was very sad.

Curse you! Stupid dashed purple lines on the CTA map!

(BTW, the image is old...it doesn't have the pink line!)

No comments: