Sunday, October 16, 2005

Brunch

The theme ingredient for this weekend...

BRUNCH

Yesterday, we ate at HOT CHOCOLATE in Bucktown. Freakin good brunch menu. As for the decor, all I can say is simplistic cuteness. Coffee is $4...But it comes in a French press.


Today, we ate at Orange, a cafe with "a peel." They played the entire Weezer Blue album. Since this place is closer to home, Orange is now my official place for brunch. Amazing. Worth the 45 minute wait. The menu is a magazine. The omelets are amalgam of goodness and came with a side of peppery potatoes. And their pancakes are very tasty and creative. Although I got the cinnamon roll pancakes, which are as big as the Kerbey Lane pancakes in Austin, which are yummy, I wished I ordered their pancake flight...16 mini pancakes, 4 different flavors. During the wait, they should provide people with bibs to catch drool. Oh, and they have fresh juice. Next time, we're getting their FRUSHI...fruit arranged like sushi.

No comments: