Sunday, October 23, 2005

More than a woman

Background- I don't think I blogged about this story, so here's the background story:

Over the summer, I got involved in someone's conversation on the bus. A woman with a backpack purse sitting in the back of the bus moved to the empty seat between me and a young woman caring for a rowdy 3 or 4yr old. Backpack-Purse-Woman proceeded to ask the Teen-Mom if she's ever heard of ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder). They exchanged words. Teen-Mom was just as shocked as the rest of the bus with Backpack-Purse-Woman aggressive talk.
When Backpack-Purse-Woman wrote on a sheet of paper "ADD" and "Ritalin," and handed it to Teen-Mom, I had to intervene. Poor kid (and her child too). I asked Backpack-Purse-Woman if she were a doctor. When she said no, just as I expected, I told her that she shouldn't go around diagnosing people and that it's really rude. And when she played her "profession card" - "I'm a teacher," I had to put down my "I'm a nurse" card. She shut up and got off at the next stop.

I've seen her around quite a bit since: my fav and local coffee shop, ice cream place around the corner, and neighborhood internet cafe.

Finally, the meat...The story:
My fave and local coffee shop has a bulletin board by the rest room. Clearly displayed on the board is a poster with pictures of Backpack-Purse-Woman, advertising Backpack-Purse-Woman's latest record review on NPR, review by critics, and upcoming performance.

I was shocked. She sings. And she sings well so it seems.


BUT IS SHE REALLY A TEACHER???

No comments: