Monday, November 28, 2005

A Tribute to the Bird

On Thursday, I said
It's freakin COOOOLD here! 20 degrees with winds putting us at just 7 degrees. Gotta love Chicago.

Taking out the trash yesterday morning was my only direct experience of nature. GOD it was SO cold. Great day for staying in and making a Thanksgiving feast for 8.


Today, it's in the 50's. WTF? Well, I welcome the weather in the 50's to stay as long as possible. Tollwaywarrior and I think the party was a good one. Lots of wine, good conversation, and so much warmth that it was a relief to have the blasts of 20 degree air come through the window cracked open. I talked so much that I am still trying to regain my voice! People were too full to eat dessert. And I have to mention how good one of our guests Pecan Pie tasted...he said it wasn't going to be good. OMG, au contraire my friend...freakin good pie.

No comments: