Friday, December 09, 2005

Snowed...the traffic on La Salle going towards downtown was so slow that I saw an elderly chap in a scooter (a Rascal?) go faster than the cars around him! and when he arrived to his building, the doorman shoveled a path from the street to the sidewalk just for him.
Anyway, my friend K2 and I got to the Chase Auditorium for a taping of NPR/WBEZ's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me...Egon from Ghostbusters was the special guest. Funny guy. This taping was better than the one we saw a few months ago. Mo Rocca and PJ O'Rourke...very funny. the woman, can't think of her name at 5AM was ok.
So I walked in snow, on unplowed sidewalks to get to work. one of the nurses scheduled for 7pm didn't get there until 11pm...she was on the road for 4 hours...another nurse was in the process of getting towed, so she couldn't come in.
Bad news at Midway. Poor kid in a car on 55th who got hit by a Southwest Airline plane and died. They didn't take him to this hospital.
My body is running on greasy taqueria food, cherry coke, and a few cookies from the ER holiday party.
I DO miss texas taqueria food. the stuff here isn't good sober.
Peas out,
sweetyellowcorn

No comments: