Saturday, February 04, 2006

Chocolate Meat

Would you ever try a dish that had pig's blood as the main ingredient?
Tonight, Tollwaywarrior tried this Filipino dish called Dinuguan at my relative's birthday party out in the burbs. Heads turned and mouths puckered and pointed at the white man who carried a bowl of Dinuguan. My aunt asked me if he knew what was in the dish known also as "chocolate meat." He was well aware. And he said it tastes GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

I called my mom just top off the tall glass of Filipino-ness just a while ago. She could not believe Tollwaywarrior ate it either...and the woman squealed when I told her he took a bowl home too. Whenever there was a gap in conversation and at the end of the phone call, she again said she couldn't believe what Tollwaywarrior ate.

No comments: