Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscar

Watching Jon Stewart with Tollwaywarrior on the couch and with a bitchy but awesome ( love him) gay man living in D.C. on instant messenger made tonight such a great night. Bring on the caustic commentary. My favorite comment from D.C. friend was "Cunt Slitherspoon." Maybe this sounds stupid, but I don't care...you had to be there. Check out his blog...http://dirtydc.blogspot.com.

Maybe b/c my day rocked in a crazy busy day. I felt like I've been initiated into the sorority of nursedom, nursehood, whatever. For example, i stuck a Foley catheter into a patient gastric tube site to relieve abdominal pressure...talk about an eruption of stomach contents. Actually, it was a sad day...some days you get to leave your patients getting better, but there are days when you see that death is part of the job...sigh.

Now I'm watching Donnie Darko. I forgot Patrick Swazye was a motivational speaker...he should have been the motivational speaker-guy in Requiem for a Dream. Donnie Darko is freakin cool...weird...but I know they're only showing it b/c of Jake Gyllenhal post-Brokeback Mountain.

No comments: