Sunday, April 02, 2006

Remember 7:20PM

In response to my previous post, I was too sick to run. Let me rewind.

Friday night with Coldplay was excellent although short. I wish I had a gig that paid (18,000 x $57) per hour and a half. The light effects and falling yellow balls get 2 thumbs up. They didn't play Shiver or Warning Side or High Speed my favorites. But their tribute to Johnny Cash was lovely. I really would have preferred to see them in a smaller venue. Next time.

After the show, I got really sick at home. First came the runs, then the chills with rigors, and then the 103.7F fever. Since it was my third febrile day, I got kinda nervous. The fever added a haze around things I saw. Very surreal and scared me. What if I had bird flu, or would have a febrile seizure, or was causing irreversible harm to my body by not getting looked at...these thoughts were driving me nuts. I called the ER at Northwestern University Hospital to get their opinion. The nurse told me to come in if I'm really that concerned.

So tollwaywarrior and I went to the ER - always an interesting trip. You can't help but laugh at the people who had their goin out clothes and probably got carried away while wasted in the Gold Coast. Anyway, I got IV fluids and labs done. That shit hurts. Sorry to the poor little kids at work who have to get that done.

So, I didn't run the Shamrock Shuffle. Fuck.

Oh yeah, at 7:20PM, I have to get the laundry.

No comments: