Friday, July 20, 2007

Slipping

I must be slipping in my old age. Not too long ago, I could remember highlights of conversations, verbatim and in what context, tipsy and sober. Now, I don't know what's going on. Maybe it's the revolving door of insomnia. Maybe my brain is too full with other insignificant random facts and movie quotes. With E last night, I said something that we laughed at and I clearly remember saying, I've got to remember that one. However, not even 30 minutes go by and I can't remember what the fuck I just said.

Anyway, last night was fun. We went to the Akira party on North Ave and got rock star...or in the spirit of the music playing, DJ Paul Oakenfold treatment so didn't have to slum it in the drinks line. I would definitely order a pepperoni and jalapeno pizza - red of course, at Piece as long as the next stop is Danny's in which my vodka tonic can extinguish the fire in my stomach.

I love WP/Bucktown. And Danny's. Although it's like a male skinny jean convention every night. I like it. Next Tuesday is Smith's Night so I will be there. Last night had some memorable figures that E and I had a fun time figuring out...

1) Waldo - it wasn't hard to see where Waldo was since he stood at the bar by us
2) Duckie Dale - ya know, it didn't work with Molly Ringwald so maybe if you didn't wear the top hat and the tank top with the skinny jeans you might actually look cool
3) Cowboy Beanpole - Dude, girls dig tall guys but if I or any girl can't fit into your jeans we won't let you get into ours. On the flip side, if you look better in my jeans, keep walking.
4) Jesus - Very many men try to maybe pay tribute to the Man himself, Jesus Christ with the beard.

No comments: