Thursday, November 23, 2006

ben and rivers

I really love Ben Harper. The lyrics, music, funk, rock...love it. I listen to Diamonds on the Inside regularly yet I haven't gone out to try any of his other stuff. Maybe next week.


http://www.benharper.net/?page=bio&id=1


As for my other music crush, Weezer, Rivers Cuomo especially, I ate up all of Video Capture Device: Treasures from the Vault 1991-2002. With and without commentary. He has or had a serious Asian fetish as showcased in Pinkerton. This came up in conversation a few weeks ago. (I myself sounded like a freak spewing my in dept knowledge of Rivers.) Across the Sea starts off with "You are and 18 year old girl, who lives in a small city in Japan." If you're familiar with
the rest of the song, you have to laugh at the fact that he validates that everything is ok since she's 18 years old. Then there's "God damn you half-Japanese girls, do it to me every time," in El Scorcho.


Gosh, this talk of Weezer is making me want to put Ben Harper to bed and listen to my Weezer.

Additionally, Pinkerton came out when I was a freshman in college. I need to get a life. Or I need to get new good music. ]
Any suggestions?
I saw some dude named Ben Lee a few weeks ago. Claire Dane's ex-bf. He didn't do it for me. And talk about self-promotion.

Amen Omen.

No comments: