Saturday, November 25, 2006

Public Reading

I don't know what I find more disgusting, seeing a grown man read Playboy while eating a slice of pumpkin cheesecake at Barnes and Noble, for fucks sake or the Kung Pao Chicago that tasted nasty and felt raw at Ken Kee's in Chinatown Chicago? Apparently, if you don't feel like eating turkey on Thanksgiving, the Chinatown and probably Devon are the places to go. Apparently, if you're a 40 year old man with weird tie-dye pants on, Barnes and Noble is way better than your toilet.

My (hand) Canon is dead. The digital one. (I love Pulp Fiction.) I'm sorta glad that my camera is out of commission. I have a reason to get a smaller, cooler one. A Canon, of course. But shit, where am I to find $300? Takes away from the travelling fund. Maybe I was smart enough to get the protection plan? I have to look for the paper work. All I can see on the screen are purple waves.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate this thing called life..." Oh, Prince. If you adore Kevin Smith, look up "Prince and Kevin Smith" on YouTube. It's a clip from Kevin's college guest speaker circuit. He has a good story about the Prince Documentary.

No comments: