Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Without the Jacket


I read the hardback copy of The Man of My Dreams by Curtis Sittenfeld without the jacket. Why? Because it sounds like a "chick book." I kinda don't like to read those often b/c they start to all sound the same. And I think it would either freak the BF out or he would poke fun at me. I took a liking to Prep and thought I'd like to read another book by Sittenfeld. Man of My Dreams was a good read. The heroine, Hannah, is a totally believable character that is relatable in one way or another. It was a fast read but not because it's simple writing, but because you want to know what happens next. I gravitate towards books, shows, movies that are set in the following cities: Austin, Chicago, and Boston. And ding ding ding, Hannah goes to Tufts, visits her cousin at BU and spends 4 years post-college in Boston.

No comments: