Sunday, March 29, 2009

Shamrock Shuffle 2009

I avoided looking out the window and stayed in bed til 7:30AM. All I heard in the background was laughter at the running conditions.  

BRRR...glad to have feeling in my toes again!  I didn't think we were going to actually run.  I even popped the Strata (http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/recipedetail.cfm?objectid=E8E6A4EB-099D-DE7A-B2894D275BD7D8A0)  in the oven.  (It was also known as Eric Estrada.)  But ER, KC, and ZR were serious about doing it!  We didn't even bother to stick around at the finish line to get the group back together.  ER and I just ran back to JC's. Yes, running after finishing the race.  You wouldn't want your wet feet to refreeze!  LS, you are awesome for even leaving your place!


I thought at first this was worse than the Chicago Half Marathon in Hyde Park 2008. It wasn't. Just because we stayed in side a warm building until 9:15AM, wore plastic bags around our shoes which lasted about 2 blocks, and came back to the fire place burning.

When's the next race?

No comments: