Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ptosis

I talked to my sister today about bras. The price and the purpose. Last week, I went with a friend to Nordstroms to get "fitted" by a bra expert. Ok. So I tried on about 50 different bras in the room with a complete stranger. Weird. Didn't realize there was so many factors to consider...cups, and positioning, straps. Then she said that bras only last about a year. Um, I'm confident that they can last longer, ahem. Also, you should only wear the same bra no more than 2 days in a row and wash them after 3 wears. By default, we're supposed to be friends now. Wasn't going to happen so I dropped $52 on a bra instead. I knew I wasn't going to actually keep it. This is terrible but $52 is a lot for a bra. Today, I found the same brand and style on the jumbled bra rack (haha...pun intended) at Marshalls and I paid $30 for 2. FOR 2!.

The purpose of the bra is support. What is up with the 18 hour bra. My sister hypothesized that it just pops off after 18 hour(http://www.playtexnet.com/18hour/). According to Wikipedia, sagging is called ptosis by plastic surgeons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassiere). It's also the name for drooping eyelids.

No comments: