Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Selling Out

I am selling out. I am joining something that I am so disgusted by. A gym that caters to jerks and Lincoln Park types! The LP Trixies can't afford this place unless they have a corporate discount.

Hmm, I may not have an accurate guage on this yet. Let me start from the beginnig. Over the weekend, I took the plunge and registered for the Chicago Marathon. I can't sit down yet it's way too soggy out to really enjoy being out there right now. So I decided to look into a gym membership. I work at a place that offers a really good deal at a gym normally $90/month with a $250 registration fee WITHOUT a years commitment! It's got cool classes, a pool, and a climbing wall inside and outside. The month-to-month plan is excellent since I don't plan on staying inside for Marathon training.

So today, I took a look and got basically 2 weeks free. Lots of older women or women who look like they just had a kid or have young families. And older men who are usually off at 10 am, midweek. Maybe tonight I'll see what kind of people are there.

But I do have to mention this uh, situation I saw at the front desk. A older man probably in his early 40's was at the front desk paying for a personal trainer session. He told the receptionist to go ahead and "add a little bit on top" since she's been "good" to him. WOW. Disgusting. I felt bad for this girl. Even if she looked like a LP Trixie prototype. She did not look pleased.

No comments: