Friday, April 13, 2007

Grindhouse

I saw this opening night at the theatre on Clyborne and Webster. Kinda of a dodgy theatre. Reminds me of the 80's-early 90's AMC movie experience in Houston. Actually, I watched From Dusk til Dawn at a theatre exactly like this place but in Houston (AMC Willowbrook) with my future roommate in college. Sigh, where has my youth gone?

Anyway, I love the double feature, trailers, etc. I liked Planet Terror a little more. I loved how people were so matter-of-fact about bubbling faces and monsters eating you. (Like in Being John Malkovich) Why does Quentin insist on playing the "rapist" who's dick melts off! He was a freak in From Dusk til Dawn too. Rose McGowen's leg and it's multiple "outfits" - very funny! I'm going as Naveen Andrew's character for Halloween this year.

Death Proof is an awesome movie with a fake start. Made me miss Austin and Guerro's!

No comments: