Friday, August 31, 2007

DFW/ORD

Last Thursday, Ohare shut down because of the storm. Last night, my friend CWG got to spend another Thursday night in Chicago and ergo with me because of bad weather in Dallas. I'm sure it sucks because sometimes all you want to do is go home and sleep in your bed (and your husband if you have a good one). But last night, she got a really good Chi-Town experience. We met some of my friends for drinks and food at Bordo's. Took note of the backwards caps and stupid sports jerseys. Next stop: Wicker Park. Talk about a total change - skinny jeans on men with eyeliner and ugly uber trendy threads on girl. Rodans - it's a pretty cool bar. How could we not end up at the Weiner Circle for a char polish? The abuse the ladies were dishing out was pretty tame. No chocolate milkshakes. There was a girl who asked me if they took credit card...I looked at her and said: You don't want to give them your credit card. One of the girls told her that if her parents could afford her private school education...I think the Weiner Circle Girl was from the same city as Credit Card Girl...then they could afford to pay for a wax job on her stache. Damn...she left with her friend after she paid for her food in cash.

*Jim we're so going to the Weiner Circle when you come up!

I forgot to include...CWG and I got up at 5:40AM and had coffee/breakfast at Intelligentsia. That's Chicago.

No comments: