Saturday, December 23, 2006

geese crossing


I ran this afternoon during the brief visit from the sun. Nice out with more people than I expected. BTW, the other day, I succumbed to the winter wind and purchased at pair of the proper winter running pants...I look and feel like a weird leftover from the 80's with the zippers by my ankles...although I'm warm...they are a little to long still for me so I look extra stupid...anyway...One of the best things to see in the winter are the geese...they are there other times of the year, but around this time, they don't just obstruct the running path. These birds cross the road and totally block traffic to get to the ponds closer to Lake View road. Really cute b/c they line up and cross...so organized. Watching the veins buldge in the forheads of both cab driver and woman bitchy shoppers on the go as they wait for 20 geese to cross the road was momentous.

No comments: